Sunday, June 26, 2011

I miss...

This post is different than all of the others. Instead of raving about how great DC is (which it is!), this is dedicated to all of my friends/family across the country who I miss sooo much! Consider this a shout out with photos.

1. ADPi: Omg I never realized how much I would miss it. It will be even harder in the fall when I'm back in Tucson, but not living in that house. I went from having 50+ roommates to one roommate. I miss always having someone around to do something with- watching movies, dinner, partying etc. There is NONE of that here. No one I meet seems to want to see the nightlife/let loose with me. I've been here for 5 weeks and I've been out to the bars once. Pathetic, yes. Where are my ADPis at to have fun with? I went from going out 2-3 times a week to never. Talk about a culture shock! And it's not just the nightlife, it's the bonding and always having sisters around. It's REALLY lonely in a brand new city. Sure, there's tons to do and things to see that get my mind off my lack of a solid group of friends, but it's always in the back of my mind. I miss you ladies!

Classy ADPi Seniors <3
Love the personalities in this photo
Bid Day seems like so long ago

2. Fourth Ave Crew: You all are my best friends and I miss our crazy shenanigans! All the times at zv, Bens, Kon Tiki, Champs, 4th Ave (always drama free of course), Taco Shop, Congress, date dashes, etc. Here are some of my fave pics from senior year of this crew.
Halloween 2010
Homecoming 2010
Clubcrawl
80s Prom Date Dash
The Camping Adventure of 2010
Superheroes Date Dash
Senior Awards
The last outing :(
Wildcats for Life

3. Family: I am a homebody at heart, and being 3000 miles away from my family is hard.
My mom and I have a "Gilmore Girls" style relationship
My papa, me and my mom
Me and the 'rents

4. Dogs: I have 2 dogs back home- Ty and Bo (taebo/bowtie- get it?). They are getting really old, 11 and 12 years old. I miss them every day. Here are some pics of my lovable mutts.
Bo

5. My car: Public transit is a royal pain in the ass. It's convenient, but when it takes me 40 minutes to get to a Target and I have to lug all of my crap on the crowded metro, it's ridiculous. I miss the days of hopping in my car and driving 10 min max to the store. It's also a plus not to sit in a sticky seat and grab on to the nasty disease-infected handles.

Even though this city is wonderful, I still miss Arizona. I'll be back in 5 weeks.



No comments:

Post a Comment