Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Good Life

You know that great moment when everything seems to work out perfectly? Ya, that was today for me :)

I'm working on this huge project at work that will actually make a difference. There's only 3 of us working on it in my office and we're trying to implement this thing across the board so it's no easy task. Today I worked for 10 straight hours, sat in 3 meetings, and ate lunch in 5 minutes at my desk while working. I actually had to shut the lights off in my area when I left- weird. The unpaid intern stays the longest... I like being busy though and everything is really interesting. It's also a plus that I'm the only intern/youngest person on this.

I still really interested in lobbying after law school. Today one of my co-workers mentioned that he knows the president of a lobbying firm in the area and that he can give him my resume, and put in a good word. Epic!

Tomorrow, I'm going on my first ever White House tour. I'm so EXCITED! I really nerd out over this stuff. I know it's only the East Wing (aka billions of people go on this including annoying schoolchildren) and it's by no means VIP but still it's the WHITE HOUSE. I'm just stoked to get on the other side of the fence. Bummer I can't take pics inside though... To add to my presidential adventure, I really want to go to the Archives tomorrow night to see Laura Bush speak. Former First Lady + Republican + free event= I'm there and desperate for an autograph. Needless to say, I'm wearing my best suit tomorrow. Gotta look the part, ya know?

Next, I'm moving onto the judicial branch. I'm going to be one of the crazies lined up at 7am on Monday to see the Supreme Court's last session of the summer. It's not every day that you can sit in on a US Supreme Court hearing. For a future lawyer, this is the best you can get.

And now to leave you with one of my favorite songs/our Graduation song for the Class of 2011:
"When you're happy like a fool, Let it take you over, When everything is out, You gotta take it in. Oh this has gotta be the good life, This has gotta be the good life, This could really be a good life, good life." <3

No comments:

Post a Comment