Thursday, June 23, 2011

BEST DAY EVER

Alright, it's 11pm and I need to wake up in just over 7 hours but here I am online- blogging. I'm just so beyond excited about today. Here's the lowdown on the excitement:

1. White House Tour: Ballin'!! Ok so it was only the East Wing Tour and it was self-guided but it was so great! I think my major freak out moment was when I saw the hallway with the long red carpet and the chandeliers where the President walks down before his big speeches (like last night's). omg! And all of the rooms are so pretty! They're roped off which is annoying but you can still see a lot. I loved seeing the presidential portraits, especially the famous Kennedy one with his arms folded. My co-intern and I went and we were one of the few people in professional clothing on the tour. Someone asked if I worked in the White House *are you kidding me?!* and I met some great people. Business cards passed out, yes I think so. I wish I could have taken pics inside but outside was enough (pics on fb).

2. Fancy schmancy lunch: We went to this place across the street from the White House and Treasury Department. It was pretty pricy but worth every penny. I had this amazing pasta dish and salad. The place had such pretty decor. Loved it.

3. Dream job potential: So my trip last April when I went lobbying was really a life-changing experience and made me re-consider my future career options. On a whim today, I decided to e-mail one of the partners from the lobbying firm that we worked with. I got a response 5 min later from his assistant and I have a meeting with him at his office next week!!! WHAT?! Is this real life? This firm is one of the top in the nation. And I'm meeting with a partner. I couldn't contain my excitement at work, I had to excuse myself to the bathroom to do a happy dance in a stall. No joke.

4. See a former First Lady up close: I went to this talk at the Archives that featured Laura Bush. We had amazing seats and it was so great to be so close! She seems super down to earth and sweet, very mom-like. I didn't get to meet her but just being there was enough for me :)

I suppose I should try to sleep at least. Good night world. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment